How do I signup?
Click here to create a new account. Registration takes only a few minutes.
What browser is best to use?
Virtualtrader is best viewed with Interenet Explorer 7.0 or above.
Is it free?
Yes, Virtualtrader is free to use. All we ask is you give us a few details about yourself so we can continue to improve the site.
I've forgotten my password!
Visit the Member's Section where there is a password reminder. If you're still having trouble, contact the helpdesk.
What can I buy and sell?
You can currently trade stock on the London Stock Exchange - FTSE 100.
What is a Limit price?
You can add a Limit price to a trade and if the price is beyond this limit when the transaction actually goes through, then it will fail. You can use it to safeguard against sudden price changes.
When can I trade?
You can trade 24 hour a day, 7 days a week, but transactions only proceed when the stockmarket is open.
Do you charge transaction costs?
Yes, we do, with a minimum of £12,50 per trade.
How do I short a stock?
Simply sell some stock that you don't already have (or you can buy a negative amount of that stock).
What does the status mean next to my transaction?
The following is a brief key to the status codes:
- Wait... - Pending, your transaction is waiting to be processed.
- Limit - This is a limit order, where the limit price has not yet been met.
- Insuff. cash - You have insufficient cash to finance the trade at the current price.
- >25% Portf - This trade would put more than 25% of your net worth in one stock.
- >#trans - This is a prizegame portfolio and you have used all of your 15 trades today.
- No Trans - This means the trade has failed because it has met one of the following conditions:
- the stock's last trade must not be older than 15 minutes.
- the stock's last trade must be between bid and ask prices.
- the volume of the last trade must be bigger than 0.
- the last trade must have a price.
I am told "you cannot trade this stock". Why?
Ths message usually indicates stock is currently suspended or no longer exists, but if you believe you should be able to trade it, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the details and we'll look into it.
If you did not find an answer to you question please send an email to email@example.com.
Do not forget to give us the name of your portfolio. Questions will be answered a soon as possible, but within three business days.
Do not forget to read the Rules & Regulations.